Tenants - Why choose Mighty Student Living?
Please read on to find out how we are different to our competitors…
- We have a dedicated student team focused on looking after your needs as a tenant. We genuinely care about our tenants and unlike many of our competitors, we have a 24-hour emergency contact number.
- For anything other than an emergency we have special repair reporting software for you to report your problem to us 24/7, 7 days a week. You can even report a repair in your chosen language and we will receive it in English.
- You can be sure that your deposit is safe. Unlike many of our competitors, we keep hold of the deposit in our own bank account – we don’t hand it over to a “middle man”. All our tenancy deposits are registered with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme as is a legal requirement. The deposit is then stored in a separate bank account which is fully regulated by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors. Rest easy knowing that your deposit can never be spent by the business.
- Unlike our competitors, we properly vet every single landlord and house on our website. All of the houses you see are managed by Mighty Student Living - we don’t have an “advertise” service where any landlord can upload their property without being properly checked to see if it meets the legally required standards.
- Electronic signatures - Take the hassle out of signing for your student home and sign your agreement anywhere without the annoyance of organising your whole group to come to the office!
Contact Mighty Student Living
Please click here to be taken to the “Contact Us” page.
Here at Mighty Student Living we try to be as transparent as possible about our tenants’ obligations under the tenancy agreement and what this means in practical terms. We understand that sometimes things don’t go according to plan and so we are here to help. Below is some further information on how to report a repair:
- If urgent, during office hours please call us on 01524 544222.
- If non urgent, please report the repair by clicking on the following link and providing information required: report repair.
- If an emergency out of office hours (e.g. a pipe burst) – turn the water off at the stop tap – normally located under the kitchen sink or in the cellar or under the stairs and then call 01524 544666. Ideally follow up the call with a text.
Lost your key?
If you lose your key and are locked out of your room/house and you are certain you are unable to gain access then you will need to call us for entry. The call out fees are listed below and must be paid in cash:
In office hours - £25
Mon - Friday (5:30pm - 10pm) - £50
Weekdays (10pm - 8am) / Saturday (after 4pm ) and ALL DAY Sunday - £75
Emergency contact number out of office hours
For emergencies only! Please call 01524 544666. If it can wait until the office is open again please do so.
How can I pay my rent
Rent can be paid via online banking. Please try to remember to quote the reference provided to you by us when making payments. If you can’t remember it then please at least quote part of your second name and part of your property address as a reference for any payment eg if your name is Mark Spencer and you live at 9 Wellington Street, quote something like “Spence9Welling”
The bank details for rent payments are:
- Account name: P and PC Survey
- Account number: 23664023
- Sort code: 40-24-03
- IBAN: GB76HBUK40240323664023
- BIC Code: HBGBUK4B
What if, due to unforeseen circumstance I am going to pay rent late?
The most important thing is contact us via email or phone and let us know when we can expect to receive your rent and explain why it will be late. We then know not to chase you for payment and can also let the Landlord know so we can manage his/her expectations.
Staying in your house for another year
If you wish to stay at your property for another year, please email email@example.com to let us know. We will be advertising your house in November but will contact you to give your group a chance to renew before we sign up new students for the following academic year.
The benefit of staying another year is that:
- You can leave items in the house over the Summer – if the Landlord is doing works to the house we may need to ask you to make you aware of where not to leave items.
- You have a lot less hassle choosing and moving to new accommodation!
What happens if I drop out of my course?
We appreciate that sometimes unforeseen events happen. Although the rent does need to continue to be paid, we can work with you to help find a replacement person for your room who can take over rent payments. There is an administration fee that we charge as there is a lot of work for us in producing documentation etc, especially so if we help with advertising and viewings. Our administration fee for processing a change of tenant is £200 including VAT.
If you have all signed a joint tenancy then obviously your house mates need to approve of whoever is taking over your tenancy.
Your contents. Covered.
Mighty Student Living is working in partnership with Endsleigh, the No. 1 student insurance provider, to provide some cover for the contents inside your house. You don’t need to do anything to activate this cover, but it is important for you to check and ensure that you fully understand the protection provided and whether it is sufficient for your needs. Your policy number is HH1639.
Visit Check your Cover to:
· Check your level of cover
· Review key exclusions and limitations
· Check your policy excess
· Learn how to make a claim
· Extend and personalise your cover to protect laptops, phones and other valuables
Endsleigh knows that life can grind to a halt without your possessions, so it is worth spending a few minutes to establish whether the things that matter to you most are protected both inside and outside your room. They are the only insurance provider recommended by NUS and have been shaping their products and services around their customers’ needs for over 50 years.
Developing products built for students, Endsleigh understands that protecting and replacing gadgets quickly is hugely important to students; that’s why they will replace any lost, stolen or unrepairable gadgets within 24 hours of your claim being approved. Their cover can protect gadgets, watches, bikes and musical instruments under one policy—giving you the flexibility to build your cover to protect the things that matter to you most.
To find out more, visit Check your Cover.
Useful Emergency Numbers
Mighty Student Living emergency out-of-hours contact number is 01524 544666. This number should only be used for Mighty Student Living related emergencies.
If you have an emergency here are some useful numbers:
Loved the house, great people who are friendly helpful and always available to get in contact with. The staff made it a easy and understanding process with no complications, all round great housing, would defiantly stay with mighty house !!!
18 November, 2014
Mighty House is a very helpful company which provided clear information which allowed me to make my final decision when choosing a place to live in my second year of university. The Services I received from Peter Charnley were excellent he constantly contacted me to let me know how the application process was proceeding and if there were any issues which needed to be dealt with. Also Mighty House was able to find an area which was convenient with my needs despite me being a little late with my accommodation application. I would recommend this company when looking for high quality housing.
1 December, 2014
I have been extremely happy to rent from Mighty House and I am really grateful for all your help in the past one year. I will recommend Mighty House to my friend and anyone else for sure. I think I speak for everyone at 64, Coulston Road when I say that your management has been first class!
18 June, 2015
My experience of Mighty Student Living has been fantastic, they have very friendly staff, all professionals, they respond very quickly to carryout repairs. I highly recommend all students to approach the team! They will take great care of all their tenants! 5*
5 June, 2019
Fantastic service in my first year from Peter and team. Any issues resolved swiftly.
30 January, 2015
Maysara Adel Ali Sayed
Very good service from Peter and Isobel, would come back again, and have recommended to many friends.
30 January, 2015
Katharine and Katriona
I would like to say a huge thank you to Peter and his team especially Isobel who went above and beyond to help us try and find a home for my daughter to rent. The service we received was AMAZING. The courtesy that the whole team gave me certainly puts Mighty House firmly at the forefront of my mind when thinking of premier customer service.
I would like to add that one of the main reasons Mighty House stood out for me was after 3 months of discussion with estate and letting agents in Lancaster, Mighty House was the only company we faced who had staff with nice manners and were able to provide good customer service, I’m afraid this is not so with all agents in Lancaster. They came across as the only letting agents who actually cared about the customer standing in front of them, rather than just trying to palm off excuses or not listening at all as was the case with many others. All in all excellent service received. Thanks Guys. :)
29 September, 2015
The team helping me with finding my house were absolutely amazing. I had to find a place quite last minute and put heaps of pressure on them, but they absolutely delivered. I won't recommend anyone leaving it as last minute as I did but thank you to everyone that helped me. Customer service was excellent and I felt very looked after!
9 January, 2019
Using Mighty Student Living as an intermediary in finding a place in Lancaster was a blessing as I decided over Christmas that commuting from Manchester was wear and tear on me and the car. I found them online via sparerooms.com, though the place I saw online matched what was featured, I knew it was not for me. Claire listened to what i would like and ensured that I found a place I call home. I have been here since February and my experience with both Mighty Student Living and the landlord has gone smoothly. Thanks for all your assistance in ensuring I find a place that I can call home whilst away from home.
16 September, 2018
Click here to search for a property
- Excellent Locations
- Properties where rent includes all bills
- Flexible Rent Payments
- Houses, Studios, Rooms & Apartments
- WIFI in all Properties
- 2 Bed to 10 Bed Houses
- 24HR Emergency
- En-suites Available