Tenants - Why choose Mighty Student Living?
Please read on to find out how we are different to our competitors…
- We have a dedicated student team focused on looking after your needs as a tenant. We genuinely care about our tenants and unlike many of our competitors, we have a 24-hour emergency contact number.
- For anything other than an emergency use Fixflo. Report a Repair.
- You can be sure that your deposit is safe. Unlike many of our competitors, we keep hold of the deposit in our own bank account – we don’t hand it over to a “middle man”. All our tenancy deposits are registered with the MyDeposits as is a legal requirement. The deposit is then stored in a separate bank account which is fully regulated by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors. Rest easy knowing that your deposit can never be spent by the business.
- Unlike our competitors, we properly vet every single landlord and house on our website. All of the houses you see are managed by Mighty Student Living - we don’t have an “advertise” service where any landlord can upload their property without being properly checked to see if it meets the legally required standards.
- Electronic signatures - Take the hassle out of signing for your student home and sign your agreement anywhere without the annoyance of organising your whole group to come to the office!
Contact Mighty Student Living
Please Contact Us for more information.
Here at Mighty Student Living we try to be as transparent as possible about our tenants’ obligations under the tenancy agreement and what this means in practical terms. We understand that sometimes things don’t go according to plan and so we are here to help. Below is some further information on how to report a repair:
- If urgent, during office hours please call us on 01524 544222 or between Christmas and New Year of over Bank Holidays when the office is closed call 01524 544666.
- If non urgent, please report the repair by clicking on the following link and providing information required: report repair.
- If an emergency out of office hours (e.g. a pipe burst) – turn the water off at the stop tap – normally located under the kitchen sink or in the cellar or under the stairs and then call 01524 544666. Ideally follow up the call with a text.
Lost your key?
If you lose your key and are locked out of your room/house and you are certain you are unable to gain access then you will need to call us for entry. The call out fees are listed below and must be paid if this occurs outside of office hours:
- £75 payable to Castle Gate Security.
Emergency contact number out of office hours
For emergencies only! Please call 01524 544666. If it can wait until the office is open again please do so.
How can I pay my rent
Rent can be paid via online banking. Please try to remember to quote the reference provided to you by us when making payments. If you can’t remember it then please at least quote part of your second name and part of your property address as a reference for any payment eg if your name is Mark Spencer and you live at 9 Wellington Street, quote something like “Spence9Welling”
The bank details for rent payments are:
- Account name: P and PC Survey
- Account number: 23664023
- Sort code: 40-24-03
- IBAN: GB76HBUK40240323664023
- BIC Code: HBGBUK4B
What if, due to unforeseen circumstance I am going to pay rent late?
The most important thing is contact us via email or phone and let us know when we can expect to receive your rent and explain why it will be late. We then know not to chase you for payment and can also let the Landlord know so we can manage their expectations.
Staying in your house for another year
If you wish to stay at your property for another year, please email [email protected] to let us know. We will be advertising your house in November but will contact you to give your group a chance to renew before we sign up new students for the following academic year.
The benefit of staying another year is that:
- You can leave items in the house over the Summer – if the Landlord is doing works to the house we may need to ask you to make you aware of where not to leave items.
- You have a lot less hassle choosing and moving to new accommodation!
What happens if I drop out of my course?
We appreciate that sometimes unforeseen events happen. Although the rent does need to continue to be paid, we can work with you to help find a replacement person for your room who can take over rent payments. There is an administration fee that we charge due to the work required to draw up new contracts. Our administration fee for processing a change of tenant is £50 including VAT.
If you have all signed a joint tenancy, your house mates need to approve of whoever is taking over your tenancy.
Your contents. Covered.
Mighty Student Living is working in partnership with Endsleigh, the No. 1 student insurance provider, to provide some cover for the contents inside your house. You don’t need to do anything to activate this cover, but it is important for you to check and ensure that you fully understand the protection provided and whether it is sufficient for your needs.
Visit Check your Cover to:
· Check your level of cover
· Review key exclusions and limitations
· Check your policy excess
· Learn how to make a claim
· Extend and personalise your cover to protect laptops, phones and other valuables
We understand students have a limited budget so Endsleigh have launched brand new, unique student insurance options. They have been designed to cover the risks that you may encounter whilst living in student accommodation and away from home. To find out more, visit Check your Cover.
Mighty Student Living are committed to offering exceptional service to our tenants and landlords, however, we accept that sometimes, things go wrong. If your complaint is not able to be dealt with verbally, then please put your complaint in writing to your property manager, or to [email protected]. Alternatively, you can post your complaint to 53 Market Street, Lancaster, LA1 1JG
We will then acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days of receipt, and begin investigating the issues raised. Once the investigation is complete, we will respond in writing, within 15 days of the correspondence being received.
If you are not satisfied with the response, you can then contact our independent redress scheme within 12 months of our final viewpoint.
The Property Ombudsman - Milford House, 43-55 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 2BP.
Useful Emergency Numbers
Mighty Student Living emergency out-of-hours contact number is 01524 544666. This number should only be used for Mighty Student Living related emergencies.
If you have an emergency here are some useful numbers:
Rooms & Apartments
2 Bed to
10 Bed Houses
*included on most properties, please check with the individual listing to confirm what is not included