Mighty Student Living is the biggest student accommodation provider in Lancaster. Our experienced team currently manages over 300 student properties including shared houses, flats and studios in Lancaster and Galgate. Our team is extremely well-versed in managing, maintaining and marketing student properties. We have an in-house maintenance and marketing teams, so you can rest assured that your property will be well looked after!
It’s a leap of faith for any landlord to hand over their property to a managing agent. We are here to guide you through the process and provide reassurance and peace of mind, whether you are an experienced landlord with a portfolio of properties or a first time landlord. We cater to both the student market and those looking for graduate or professional room lets.
We pride ourselves on the superior service we provide to our Landlords and Tenants. We don’t believe you’ll receive a higher level of service from any other letting agent in Lancaster! If in doubt, please read our testimonials.
Our Management packages
Complete property management service – Fully-Managed Joint Tenancies or Single Room Let (per room)
12% of the rent + VAT
Initial setup cost (one per tenancy) - £180
Why Choose Mighty Student Living?
- We know savvy ways to help keep your utility bills down.
- You can relax knowing that your property is looked after by its personal property manager.
- Frequent inspections take place to be sure your property is being taken care of by the Tenants and so that any repairs can be swiftly addressed. You will receive condition reports with photographs each term.
- We use reliable tradesmen and our in-house maintenance team to help you save on maintenance costs.
- Your property is our No.1 priority – when students move in we make sure to talk them through dealing with damp, mould and how to work the boiler, clean the oven and more.
- Our fees are competitive and there are no surprises and no hidden costs.
- We can pay the gas and electric bills and charge the owner a fixed cost each year no matter how much the students use removing any uncertain large utility bills.
- We pay the broadband, provide fibreoptic broadband where we can and a special student portal to communicate with our students and keep them informed which enhances their student experience and means they are more likely to rent through Mighty Student Living.
- Mighty Student Living offer rent guarantee options for extra peace of mind – we can evaluate your property and make you an offer of a guaranteed rent each year – you may be surprised how much you would receive – please ask us for more information.
- If there are problems with your property, we’re the experts – we have considerable experience in resolving issues with damp and condensation, and our knowledge of specifications for kitchens and bathrooms mean you won’t spend over the odds if you need to improve these areas.
- Mighty Student Living have lots of experience in extending, converting and upgrading buildings. Along with a good understanding of planning, building and statutory regulations.
How do I know if I need the whole house rental or a room rental service? OR I have just bought a house and want to rent to students but I have missed the start of term!
Our aim is to let properties for as much rent as possible – no matter what time of year you give us your property to manage. We regularly have houses to let that have been bought part way through the academic year and so it is normal for us to maximise income until the students move in.
If a group of students don’t rent your house then there we would normally let it on an individual room rent basis to students which still provides a similar rental income.
We also rent houses to professionals by the room – especially those houses which are given to us to manage mid-University term and are empty. Again, this provides a similar rent to a student let and there is a good market for good quality professional room lets in Lancaster.
We work hard to achieve excellent returns for our Landlords. We are helpful and knowledgeable and hear to help you make the highest return possible from your investment property. Please call us today to ask for our advice.
Security and peace of mind
- We are fully regulated by the RICS and Property Ombudsman. We use RICS regulated client accounts to prevent Landlord money from being used by the business.
- We pay rent over as soon as possible after we collect it from your tenants and with each payment you receive a landlord’s statement with a full explanation of your income and expenses.
- Your property is managed professionally by staff with several years’ experience in lettings and the student market. We are on hand if you want to call us or pop in to chat about your property during the tenancy.
- We conduct a full inspection and produce a photographic inventory of the property prior to tenants moving in.
- We stay in touch with you, reporting efficiently and effectively. We communicate with you all year round to keep you in the loop.
- We have a superb reputation and plenty of tenant referrals. As landlords ourselves we have had bad experiences using other letting agents. We set up Mighty House in 2013 to provide the service we would expect, and have gone from strength to strength.
A landlord-focused service
- Want to provide your own utilities or have a specialist tradesman you want to use for a particular maintenance issue? No problem! We know that each landlord has different requirements and we tailor our management packages to suit you.
- We have a real focus on value-for-money repairs, should you choose for us to handle these. We have “odd-job” contractors for small jobs and use local, non-VAT registered and competitively priced tradespeople to save you money. The tradesmen we use have a clear remit on the standards of repair we expect. Alternatively, we can report all repairs to you so you can decide whether you wish to do works yourself.
- We are Chartered Surveyors. We project manage substantial refurbishments and have a wealth of knowledge that our landlords benefit from.
- We are commercially minded and know how to achieve the best rents possible for your student property – we use different letting strategies depending on the location and size of the property.
- As landlords ourselves we have had bad experiences using other letting agents. We set up Mighty House (our residential sales & lettings partners) in 2013 to provide the service we would expect, and have gone from strength to strength. If you are on a lookout for a new HMO property, contact us and with the help of Mighty House, we will find you an ideal buy-to-let property.
- We understand that happy student tenants are more likely to stay an extra year or two at your property – tenants need treating with respect and from experience we know that effective communication solves most issues that may arise.
- Every year we have a number of tenants deciding to stay on in the houses they are already renting.
- Our office is open 6 days a week so our tenants know any issues will be dealt with promptly, and we have a 24-hour emergency out of hours contact number.
- We have a user-friendly tenant repair reporting system which can be translated into several different languages. This makes it really simple for tenants to report repairs 24/7, 7 days a week and for us or you to instruct the appropriate tradesman.
- Tenant deposits are protected by the Tenancy Deposit Scheme and stored in a RICS regulated bank account.
There are no better people to look after your rental properties than experienced, capable, professional landlords themselves. Maximising rental income and keeping wear and tear to a minimum is what we spend our time focusing on!
Request a copy of our Management Agreement
Arrange a Callback
Please enter your details and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Felicity assisted us in dealing with an energy supplier in a speedy and professional manner. I have found her very pleasant and proficient to deal with. As student letting landlords, we need an agency to provide tip-top service with signing up of tenants, dealing with day to day issues. This has been our experience with Mighty Student Living.
Mighty Student Living was recommended to us for student letting and we are very pleased that we chose them for this. I can highly recommend their company.
21 June, 2019
Mr Barry Heaton & Mrs Pamela Heaton
Very professional. Mighty House changed the wording on my advert to increase the number of viewers and this worked. I would highly recommend Mighty House.
2 December, 2014
Peter is well experienced and has good knowledge of the market, very helpful and has a professional mannerism. Has a good team of contractors who were very helpful. Looking forward to dealing with MH soon with a new property.
29 January, 2015
Stuart Mather, Manchester
I have been using Peter Charnley as my letting agent for over 2 years now. Not only is it a breath of fresh air dealing with Peter compared to other agents, but I find he comes to me with solutions to problems...rather than just problems and an invoice! This makes a big difference as he is always looking to mitigate running costs, as though the property was one of his own. Maybe that's the key, Peter is an established property investor/landlord in his own right and therefore better understands my needs as a fellow-landlord. I would highly recommend him.
28 February, 2013
Very pleased with service and found the team very helpful. Having had experience of using other letting agents before, I would recommend and use Mighty House again.
30 January, 2015
Mr S & Mrs A Cockman
All positive, dealt with Peter - Peter is very responsive and helpful person, who goes out of his way. Would definitely recommend.
2 December, 2014
Glenn & Trudy Baird
We were kept up to date on regular basis, nothing seems too much trouble for the team at Mighty House, only one word to sum up "Excellent". Both of us were very impressed.
2 December, 2014
Mrs Derith Bone & Mr James Bone
I chose MH through recommendation, I received an excellent service, the team were a joy to deal with, all very pleasant and process was completed very smoothly, wouldn't hesitate to use again and would highly recommend. Mighty House dealt with everything and got all properties up to the required standard too
29 January, 2015
Mrs Sally Temple
I chose Mighty House because it had the most favourable rate on the market and the advice offered. I would definitely recommend and use them again.
29 January, 2015
Mighty House gave me a super platform to advertise my property, accompanied with quick and responsive customer service to help me rent my house within 2 days of going live. I would definitely recommend Mighty House as a economical and effective way to sell or rent your property.
19 July, 2015
Click here to search for a property
- Excellent Locations
- Properties where rent includes all bills
- Flexible Rent Payments
- Houses, Studios, Rooms & Apartments
- WIFI in all Properties
- 2 Bed to 10 Bed Houses
- 24HR Emergency
- En-suites Available